A couple wanted to spice up their wedding feast by recreating a famous lift from a classic 1980s movie “Dirty Dancing”, so they spontaneously decided to do some practicing.
Sharon Price and her fiance Andy Price were trying to do the final dance scene in a pub garden in Weston-super-Mare in Somerset.
“I was concussed. I was out. I ended up in a neck brace and had to have a CT scan, Mr. Price said. “We were about 30ft apart and Sharon ran and I grabbed her hips and the next thing we knew we were flat out.”
Andy said he had a mild heart attack several years ago and so the medical experts were “just being careful” and ran some tests. The couple was discharged from the hospital six hours later.
“Dirty Dancing” began trending on Twitter as the news of the couple’s accident went around the world.
this is absolutely the best news photo ever taken, not kissing at the end of WWII or Ali knocking out Liston https://t.co/5D3TnWt5ra
— elle hardy (@ellehardytweets) July 14, 2017
— Jacko (@Ian_COJ) July 13, 2017
— Katie Taylor (@kjtaylor14) July 14, 2017
The couple decided to do the demanding dance move because the 1987 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey is one of Ms. Price’s favorite movies.
“We thought it would be something different. Everybody else slow dances, so we thought we’d jazz it up a bit,” Sharon said.
As the “spur of the moment” thing, the couple decided to “get a bit of practice in” and try out the famous dance move.
“There was no build up, no warm up and that was it,” said Mr. Price. “I think I knocked myself out hitting the floor as hard as I did. I wasn’t too aware of what was going on after that.”
Ms. Price is also uncertain: “I can remember running towards Andy and then the next thing just struggling for breath and my back was hurting.”
With him “in and out of consciousness” and her conscious but “struggling for breath” – an ambulance and rapid response vehicle were called and the couple was taken to Southmead Hospital. The couple, who coincidentally have the same surnames, said they would rethink their first dance for the wedding.
- Swedish people want their train to be called ‘Trainy McTrainface’ - July 20, 2017
- Netherlands police aim to solve crimes by handing out cold-case calendars to prisoners - July 20, 2017
- Malaysian government bans ‘Despacito’ on state radio and television channels - July 20, 2017
- New Zealand gangs organize ‘fight club’ to reduce tensions between rivals - July 19, 2017
- Self-defense flamethrowers now for sale in China - July 19, 2017
- US general warns of dangers of uncontrollable killer robots - July 19, 2017
- Flood water enters bank’s vault, destroys all the money - July 18, 2017
- Fake street cleaners plague Saudi streets - July 18, 2017
- Russia is fine with Chechnya leader’s call for gay purge - July 18, 2017
- Flight evacuated after passenger “passes gas” - July 17, 2017