A couple wanted to spice up their wedding feast by recreating a famous lift from a classic 1980s movie “Dirty Dancing”, so they spontaneously decided to do some practicing.
Sharon Price and her fiance Andy Price were trying to do the final dance scene in a pub garden in Weston-super-Mare in Somerset.
“I was concussed. I was out. I ended up in a neck brace and had to have a CT scan, Mr. Price said. “We were about 30ft apart and Sharon ran and I grabbed her hips and the next thing we knew we were flat out.”
Andy said he had a mild heart attack several years ago and so the medical experts were “just being careful” and ran some tests. The couple was discharged from the hospital six hours later.
“Dirty Dancing” began trending on Twitter as the news of the couple’s accident went around the world.
this is absolutely the best news photo ever taken, not kissing at the end of WWII or Ali knocking out Liston https://t.co/5D3TnWt5ra
— elle hardy (@ellehardytweets) July 14, 2017
— Jacko (@Ian_COJ) July 13, 2017
— Katie Taylor (@kjtaylor14) July 14, 2017
The couple decided to do the demanding dance move because the 1987 movie starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey is one of Ms. Price’s favorite movies.
“We thought it would be something different. Everybody else slow dances, so we thought we’d jazz it up a bit,” Sharon said.
As the “spur of the moment” thing, the couple decided to “get a bit of practice in” and try out the famous dance move.
“There was no build up, no warm up and that was it,” said Mr. Price. “I think I knocked myself out hitting the floor as hard as I did. I wasn’t too aware of what was going on after that.”
Ms. Price is also uncertain: “I can remember running towards Andy and then the next thing just struggling for breath and my back was hurting.”
With him “in and out of consciousness” and her conscious but “struggling for breath” – an ambulance and rapid response vehicle were called and the couple was taken to Southmead Hospital. The couple, who coincidentally have the same surnames, said they would rethink their first dance for the wedding.
- Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain collides with oil tanker, 10 sailors missing - August 21, 2017
- German man swims to work to avoid traffic congestion - August 10, 2017
- Saudi Arabia jails singer for dabbing during concert - August 9, 2017
- South Carolina police issues a plea to residents not to shoot Bigfoot - August 9, 2017
- Man disguises himself as car seat, pretends to be ‘self-driving car’ - August 8, 2017
- Irish MP blames fairy curse for problems with road - August 8, 2017
- Chinese restaurant gives discounts based on bra size - August 8, 2017
- Airport offers service for transporting maids to employers’ doors - August 7, 2017
- Airbnb refuses to provide accommodation for Nazis - August 7, 2017
- Prince of Denmark refuses to be buried by his wife due to title row - August 4, 2017