Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, the co-stars of the award-winning and highest-grossing film Titanic, are reuniting to raise funds for charity.
DiCaprio and Winslet, who played the role Jack and Rose in Titanic are a private dinner with them at a New York City restaurant, which will be chosen by the winning bidder. The dinner date will be held sometime in October or November because of the actor’s busy schedule.
The auction for the private dinner with the Titanic co-stars will be held during a star-studded gala hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation on Wednesday, July 26 in Saint-Tropez, France.
The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation supports environmental projects including protecting vulnerable wildlife from extinctions, promoting best solutions to prevent climate change, supporting indigenous rights, and other causes. Since 2010, the foundation awarded over $80 million in grants for 200+ high-impact projects in 50 countries.
According to People, the proceeds from the dinner auction at the event will also benefit a GoFundMe campaign for a young mother in United Kingdom, who needs help to pay for cancer treatment. Winslet is the co-founder of Golden Hat Foundation, which supports children with autism and their families, individuals raising funds for cancer treatment, and regional charities in the UK.
The Leonardo DiCaprio’s annual gala will feature a special performance by Lenny Kravitz. Madonna, Cate Blanchet, Tom Hanks, Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz, and Emma Stone are expected to attend the event.
During the event, the foundation will honor Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo with the “New World Leadership Award” for her efforts in making the French capital an ideal model for “sustainable living and design.”
The foundation’s gala raised $45 million for more than 30 organizations around the world in 2016, and over $40 million for the protection of Earth’s last wild places and implementation of solutions to preserve and save the environment. Its featured guests last year included Bono, Bradley Cooper, Chris Rock, Edward Norton, Jonah Hill, Mariah Carey, Naomi Campbell, and Tobey Maguire.
- Woman stuck in swimming pool rescued by Facebook group - August 19, 2017
- Time Traveler: a record-breaking roller coaster to open in Missouri in 2018 - August 18, 2017
- Audrey Hepburn survives starvation in World War II eating tulip bulbs - August 17, 2017
- Diamond engagement ring lost for 13 years found on a garden carrot - August 17, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiast produces gin using vintage Harley-Davidson parts - August 16, 2017
- Japanese sake-house employs monkey waiters - August 16, 2017
- Silent Song Gains Popularity on iTunes as it Solves Listeners’ Problem - August 16, 2017
- Town in Belgium celebrates giant omelet festival amid egg scare in Europe - August 15, 2017
- Ohio woman gets COVFEFE vanity license plate for her Subaru Outback - August 15, 2017
- British man uses pizza delivery to locate missing 4-year-old girl - August 15, 2017