A German man grew tired of constant traffic jams every day on his way to work, so he decided to take an ingenious or at least different (depends on how you see it) approach to the problem.
Benjamin David from Munich no longer had any desire to use a bus or bike to reach his workplace, so he thought of another, much less used and much less crowded path – a river. The husky beer garden worker now places his laptop and clothes into a waterproof bag which he then puts on his back, splips into a wetsuit and slides into the river Isar for his trip to work.
David actually enjoys his new method of traveling to work.
“It is beautifully refreshing and also the fastest way,” he told Reuters Television. Apparently, there are many advantages to swimming to work instead of driving, one of them being, according to Mr. David, speed.
“I used to go by bike or bus or car or on foot and you need much longer. Today the current was quite strong and I only needed about 12 minutes,” he said.
However, while it all may seem wonderful and exciting when you first hear about it, there can be certain disadvantages to this type of daily journey, such as weather conditions which cannot always be perfect. In winter the river, which flows near the center of the Bavarian capital, can get quite frigid, at temperatures of about 4 degrees Celsius (around 39 degrees Fahrenheit).
This is the reason why Mr. David then chooses the concrete road instead.
“I mostly do this in summer. I am a bit of a wimp, but you can also do it in winter, then I’ve got a longer wet suit,” he explained.
- Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain collides with oil tanker, 10 sailors missing - August 21, 2017
- German man swims to work to avoid traffic congestion - August 10, 2017
- Saudi Arabia jails singer for dabbing during concert - August 9, 2017
- South Carolina police issues a plea to residents not to shoot Bigfoot - August 9, 2017
- Man disguises himself as car seat, pretends to be ‘self-driving car’ - August 8, 2017
- Irish MP blames fairy curse for problems with road - August 8, 2017
- Chinese restaurant gives discounts based on bra size - August 8, 2017
- Airport offers service for transporting maids to employers’ doors - August 7, 2017
- Airbnb refuses to provide accommodation for Nazis - August 7, 2017
- Prince of Denmark refuses to be buried by his wife due to title row - August 4, 2017