A hawk seeking refuge flew inside a taxi through an open door when the driver stopped to pick up supplies before Hurricane Harvey makes landfall in Texas on Friday.
William Bruso, a taxi driver in Houston said the hawk looks afraid while sitting on his passenger seat, and he doesn’t know what to do with it. He tried to make the bird of prey fly away but refused so he took it home and took care of it during the storm.
“He looks like he’s scared. He doesn’t know what’s going on. He just kind of hopped on in and doesn’t want to leave. I’m not sure what to make of it, said Bruso in one of the ten videos about the hawk, which he posted on YouTube.
Bruso decided to name the bird of prey “Harvey the Hurricane Hawk” and fed it with some raw chicken hearts and water to drink. He posted video updates about the condition of the raptor in his home while monitoring impact of the tropical storm in Texas.
According to him, “Someone said droopy wings might be a sign of sickness but he is eating.”
A staffer from Texas Wildlife Rescue Center TWRC) picked up Harvey the Hurricane Hawk on Saturday afternoon at Bruso’s home.
“He’s been free to go, any time now, but they’re going to take him. He may need to be rehabilitated so everyone knows he’s in good hands,” said Bruso while the TWRC staffer is picking up the hawk.
A licensed raptor rehabilitator at the TWRC is now taking care of Harvey the Hurricane Hawk, which is also being treated for an injury that’s preventing it from flying.
“We won’t know the extent of the injury until we can get him to the center for an x-ray. Because the roads are currently impassible due to the flooding from Hurricane Harvey, we were forced to keep the center closed today,” said TWRC in a video posted on YouTube.
TWRC is accepting donations from people who want to help Harvey the Hurricane Hawk and all other animals. It is anticipating a large influx of animals that needs help over the next few days due to the storm and flooding.
- Injured hawk seeks refuge inside taxi as Hurricane Harvey hits Texas - August 28, 2017
- Baby hippo Fiona stars on Cincinnati Zoo’s video series on Facebook - August 25, 2017
- California distillery makes vodka from food waste - August 24, 2017
- Trump-shaped Ecstasy tablets seized by German Police - August 23, 2017
- Diamond rain occurs in Uranus and Neptune says scientists - August 21, 2017
- Woman stuck in swimming pool rescued by Facebook group - August 19, 2017
- Time Traveler: a record-breaking roller coaster to open in Missouri in 2018 - August 18, 2017
- Audrey Hepburn survives starvation in World War II eating tulip bulbs - August 17, 2017
- Diamond engagement ring lost for 13 years found on a garden carrot - August 17, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiast produces gin using vintage Harley-Davidson parts - August 16, 2017