Jack White has announced he will release a children’s book called “We’re Going To Be Friends” later this year.
The children’s book will be available from November 7 (a few months after The White Stripes’ 20th anniversary as a band on July 14th, 2017) via Third Man Books. It will come with a digital download of “We’re Going To Be Friends”, as well as cover versions by Woodstation Elementary School Singers and Blake’s musical alter ego, April March.
Most recently, White released the soundtrack for his very own documentary series titled “American Epic”. The series focuses on the history of the Twenties, during which record companies often traveled all the way across the United States with the first electrical recording rig in search of new artists.
The White Stripes’ frontman also served as an executive producer for the three-part documentary, together with Robert Redford and T Bone Burnett. The soundtrack includes a 100-song box set featuring a variety of artists such as Beck, Merle Haggard, Elton John, Los Lobos, Willie Nelson, Bettye LaVette and much more, as well as original archived recordings and studio performances from the “American Epic” sessions.
- Swedish people want their train to be called ‘Trainy McTrainface’ - July 20, 2017
- Netherlands police aim to solve crimes by handing out cold-case calendars to prisoners - July 20, 2017
- Malaysian government bans ‘Despacito’ on state radio and television channels - July 20, 2017
- New Zealand gangs organize ‘fight club’ to reduce tensions between rivals - July 19, 2017
- Self-defense flamethrowers now for sale in China - July 19, 2017
- US general warns of dangers of uncontrollable killer robots - July 19, 2017
- Flood water enters bank’s vault, destroys all the money - July 18, 2017
- Fake street cleaners plague Saudi streets - July 18, 2017
- Russia is fine with Chechnya leader’s call for gay purge - July 18, 2017
- Flight evacuated after passenger “passes gas” - July 17, 2017