Jack White has announced he will release a children’s book called “We’re Going To Be Friends” later this year.
The children’s book will be available from November 7 (a few months after The White Stripes’ 20th anniversary as a band on July 14th, 2017) via Third Man Books. It will come with a digital download of “We’re Going To Be Friends”, as well as cover versions by Woodstation Elementary School Singers and Blake’s musical alter ego, April March.
Most recently, White released the soundtrack for his very own documentary series titled “American Epic”. The series focuses on the history of the Twenties, during which record companies often traveled all the way across the United States with the first electrical recording rig in search of new artists.
The White Stripes’ frontman also served as an executive producer for the three-part documentary, together with Robert Redford and T Bone Burnett. The soundtrack includes a 100-song box set featuring a variety of artists such as Beck, Merle Haggard, Elton John, Los Lobos, Willie Nelson, Bettye LaVette and much more, as well as original archived recordings and studio performances from the “American Epic” sessions.
- Study shows fitness trackers are way off at measuring burned calories - May 26, 2017
- Couple who was trying to conceive for 17 years welcomes sextuplets - May 26, 2017
- French school to use AI to check if students are paying attention - May 26, 2017
- Russian disinformation campaign targets 39 countries - May 25, 2017
- Lyft introduces a luxury service in five US cities - May 25, 2017
- Google’s Go-playing AI defeats world champion - May 25, 2017
- FEC official demands inquiry into ‘foreign money’ spent on Facebook election ads - May 24, 2017
- Your PC can be hacked through subtitle files - May 24, 2017
- Wacken Open Air to have a beer pipeline - May 24, 2017
- Facebook defends its content policy after recent guidelines leak - May 23, 2017