Jack White has announced he will release a children’s book called “We’re Going To Be Friends” later this year.
The children’s book will be available from November 7 (a few months after The White Stripes’ 20th anniversary as a band on July 14th, 2017) via Third Man Books. It will come with a digital download of “We’re Going To Be Friends”, as well as cover versions by Woodstation Elementary School Singers and Blake’s musical alter ego, April March.
Most recently, White released the soundtrack for his very own documentary series titled “American Epic”. The series focuses on the history of the Twenties, during which record companies often traveled all the way across the United States with the first electrical recording rig in search of new artists.
The White Stripes’ frontman also served as an executive producer for the three-part documentary, together with Robert Redford and T Bone Burnett. The soundtrack includes a 100-song box set featuring a variety of artists such as Beck, Merle Haggard, Elton John, Los Lobos, Willie Nelson, Bettye LaVette and much more, as well as original archived recordings and studio performances from the “American Epic” sessions.
- Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain collides with oil tanker, 10 sailors missing - August 21, 2017
- German man swims to work to avoid traffic congestion - August 10, 2017
- Saudi Arabia jails singer for dabbing during concert - August 9, 2017
- South Carolina police issues a plea to residents not to shoot Bigfoot - August 9, 2017
- Man disguises himself as car seat, pretends to be ‘self-driving car’ - August 8, 2017
- Irish MP blames fairy curse for problems with road - August 8, 2017
- Chinese restaurant gives discounts based on bra size - August 8, 2017
- Airport offers service for transporting maids to employers’ doors - August 7, 2017
- Airbnb refuses to provide accommodation for Nazis - August 7, 2017
- Prince of Denmark refuses to be buried by his wife due to title row - August 4, 2017