A man was trapped inside an ATM of Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) located at Mesquite Street, Corpus Christi in Texas, according to police on Thursday.
Corpus Christi Police Senior Officer Olden confirmed the incident to KRISTV. He said, “We have a once in a lifetime situation that you will probably never see or hear again.”
Officer Olden said the man is a contractor for Bank of America. He was changing a lock inside a room that connects to the bank’s ATM around 2:00 in the afternoon on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, he locked himself inside the ATM room and cannot let himself out or call for help because he left his phone and key card in his truck.
“He leaves his phone in his truck, he’s installing a new lock on the door, and he gets locked inside the building where the ATM is,” said Officer Olden.
The contractor noticed that the ATM machine is still working and customers were stopping to withdraw cash. He decided to ask customers’ help by slipping notes through the receipt slot. The notes read, “Please help, I’m stuck I’m stuck in here, and I don’t have my phone. Please call my boss.”
Some customers ignored the notes and considered it was a joke. However, one person took it seriously when he heard a faint voice coming from inside the ATM and called the police for rescue.
“We come out here, and sure enough we can hear a little voice coming from the machine. So we are thinking this is a joke. It’s got to be a joke,” said Olden.
The police were convinced that the man needed help and kicked the door to get him out of the ATM room. The contractor was trapped inside the ATM for about two hours.
“Everyone is OK, but you will never see this in your life, that somebody was stuck in the ATM. It was just crazy,” said Officer Olden
- Injured hawk seeks refuge inside taxi as Hurricane Harvey hits Texas - August 28, 2017
- Baby hippo Fiona stars on Cincinnati Zoo’s video series on Facebook - August 25, 2017
- California distillery makes vodka from food waste - August 24, 2017
- Trump-shaped Ecstasy tablets seized by German Police - August 23, 2017
- Diamond rain occurs in Uranus and Neptune says scientists - August 21, 2017
- Woman stuck in swimming pool rescued by Facebook group - August 19, 2017
- Time Traveler: a record-breaking roller coaster to open in Missouri in 2018 - August 18, 2017
- Audrey Hepburn survives starvation in World War II eating tulip bulbs - August 17, 2017
- Diamond engagement ring lost for 13 years found on a garden carrot - August 17, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiast produces gin using vintage Harley-Davidson parts - August 16, 2017