A man was trapped inside an ATM of Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) located at Mesquite Street, Corpus Christi in Texas, according to police on Thursday.
Corpus Christi Police Senior Officer Olden confirmed the incident to KRISTV. He said, “We have a once in a lifetime situation that you will probably never see or hear again.”
Officer Olden said the man is a contractor for Bank of America. He was changing a lock inside a room that connects to the bank’s ATM around 2:00 in the afternoon on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, he locked himself inside the ATM room and cannot let himself out or call for help because he left his phone and key card in his truck.
“He leaves his phone in his truck, he’s installing a new lock on the door, and he gets locked inside the building where the ATM is,” said Officer Olden.
The contractor noticed that the ATM machine is still working and customers were stopping to withdraw cash. He decided to ask customers’ help by slipping notes through the receipt slot. The notes read, “Please help, I’m stuck I’m stuck in here, and I don’t have my phone. Please call my boss.”
Some customers ignored the notes and considered it was a joke. However, one person took it seriously when he heard a faint voice coming from inside the ATM and called the police for rescue.
“We come out here, and sure enough we can hear a little voice coming from the machine. So we are thinking this is a joke. It’s got to be a joke,” said Olden.
The police were convinced that the man needed help and kicked the door to get him out of the ATM room. The contractor was trapped inside the ATM for about two hours.
“Everyone is OK, but you will never see this in your life, that somebody was stuck in the ATM. It was just crazy,” said Officer Olden
- Apollo 11 lunar sample return bag used by Neil Armstrong sells for $1.8M - July 20, 2017
- Coffee company recalls product with traces of Viagra-like substance - July 20, 2017
- Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds granted a dying boy’s greatest wish - July 20, 2017
- Milan bans selfie stick and other anti-social behaviors this summer - July 20, 2017
- The Earth is heading toward a plastic planet says ecologist - July 19, 2017
- Chinese woman caught smuggling 102 iPhones strapped to her body - July 19, 2017
- Angelica Hale: 9-year-old kidney transplant survivor earns golden buzzer on America’s Got Talent - July 19, 2017
- Madonna seeks to stop auction of her highly personal items, DNA - July 18, 2017
- Sony Pictures achieves record for largest gathering of people dressed as emoji faces - July 18, 2017
- Finland sets new record for the world’s largest number of naked swimmers - July 18, 2017