A Lakeville, Massachusetts man has managed to slow down drivers for years with the help of a life-sized cutout of a police cruiser.
A life-size cutout of Crown Victoria posted in Kelly Tufts’ driveway seems to be doing the trick as Tufts says drivers have been slowing down on that particular stretch of Bedford Street for years.
“It’s reflective, so even at night it catches everybody’s eye,” said Tufts.
Tufts has lived in the neighborhood for several years now and has witnessed the speed limit go from 25mph up to 35mph on the road just in front of his house. He said that people often go much faster.
“They go 50, average 50 plus. we try to keep them slowing down for kids and dogs,” he explained.
In addition, there are also those who happy about his sign, expressing their dissatisfaction with offensive hand gestures. However, Tufts is quick to point out he’s not too worried about them.
“We’ve had some people give us the one finger. But whatever. If it was their neighborhood, they’d enjoy it,” he said.
- Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain collides with oil tanker, 10 sailors missing - August 21, 2017
- German man swims to work to avoid traffic congestion - August 10, 2017
- Saudi Arabia jails singer for dabbing during concert - August 9, 2017
- South Carolina police issues a plea to residents not to shoot Bigfoot - August 9, 2017
- Man disguises himself as car seat, pretends to be ‘self-driving car’ - August 8, 2017
- Irish MP blames fairy curse for problems with road - August 8, 2017
- Chinese restaurant gives discounts based on bra size - August 8, 2017
- Airport offers service for transporting maids to employers’ doors - August 7, 2017
- Airbnb refuses to provide accommodation for Nazis - August 7, 2017
- Prince of Denmark refuses to be buried by his wife due to title row - August 4, 2017