A historic home located at 44 Pleasant Avenue in Montclair, New Jersey is for sale for $10 or less, but with special conditions.
The buyer must be responsible for moving the house and sign a contract, which must be executed on or before August 31. The purchase price is listed as “the best offer received” by the seller.
In June, the Montclair Planning Board approved the application of BNE Real Estate Group to build an eight-lot subdivision at the location of the historic home with several requirements. The developer must put the historic home for sale and must be moved about one-quarter mile away from its current location.
The additionally, BNE Real Estate Group must also contribute a maximum of $10,000 toward the moving costs.
The buyer of the historic home will shoulder all other incidental costs and shall indemnify the seller from any and all liability, including attorneys’ fees and costs. The buyer is also required to provide appropriate insurance guarantees.
The Montclair Planning Board placed the conditions in an effort to preserve the historic home, which was built in 1906. Dudley S. Van Antwerp, a renowned architect designed the 4,000 square-foot home with six bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms.
The historic home was once owned by Aubrey Lewis, a prominent resident of Montclair. He was a standout athlete at Montclair High School and Notre Dame University. Lewis became one of the first African-American FBI agents. He also served as commissioner of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority that supervised the construction of the Giants Stadium.
Last month, the State Government of North Dakota offered a deal for everyone interested to live in the governor’s mansion. You don’t need to be elected as governor, all you need to do its move the governor’s residence because the state will build a new one this summer.
The state is scheduled to review proposals to move the North Dakota governor’s mansion today, August 2.
- Injured hawk seeks refuge inside taxi as Hurricane Harvey hits Texas - August 28, 2017
- Baby hippo Fiona stars on Cincinnati Zoo’s video series on Facebook - August 25, 2017
- California distillery makes vodka from food waste - August 24, 2017
- Trump-shaped Ecstasy tablets seized by German Police - August 23, 2017
- Diamond rain occurs in Uranus and Neptune says scientists - August 21, 2017
- Woman stuck in swimming pool rescued by Facebook group - August 19, 2017
- Time Traveler: a record-breaking roller coaster to open in Missouri in 2018 - August 18, 2017
- Audrey Hepburn survives starvation in World War II eating tulip bulbs - August 17, 2017
- Diamond engagement ring lost for 13 years found on a garden carrot - August 17, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiast produces gin using vintage Harley-Davidson parts - August 16, 2017