Japanese Foreign Affairs Minister Fumio Kishida asked Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen (PPAP) singer Daimaou Kosaka popularly known as Pikotaro to help promote the sustainable development goals (SDGs) the United Nations (UN).
Pikotaro accepted the request of Minister Kishida. He will attend the reception and on the sidelines of the political forum on SDGs at U.N. headquarters in New York in middle of July, according to an official at Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer appears unconvinced at first and half-jokingly asked Minister Kishida if he was sure about his invitation. He asked, “Do you mean the U.N., one that is in New York? Me? Are you sure?” Minister Kishida reassured him that he will be performing the new version of the PPAP song at a reception to be hosted by the Japanese government, according to the AP.
Pikotaro sporting his trademark leopard-lizard design outfit, recently released a video on YouTube promoting the U.N. SDGs to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for everyone. He updated the lyrics of his hit song PPAP to stand for “Public-Private Action for Partnership.
The Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer said he is happy to accept his role and will do his best to promote the SDGs. “Something easy that encourages people to watch and follow example,” said Pikotaro.
Minister Kishida explained that he needs someone to increase awareness for the project. He said, “Piko Taro san’s popularity would be extremely effective to boost public recognition.”
Pikotaro’s Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen song became very popular around the world last year, and gained recognition as the shortest song to enter the Billboard Hot
In 2016, the little-known Japanese comedian’s “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen” video gained global popularity. The Guinness World Records recognized it as the shortest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Injured hawk seeks refuge inside taxi as Hurricane Harvey hits Texas - August 28, 2017
- Baby hippo Fiona stars on Cincinnati Zoo’s video series on Facebook - August 25, 2017
- California distillery makes vodka from food waste - August 24, 2017
- Trump-shaped Ecstasy tablets seized by German Police - August 23, 2017
- Diamond rain occurs in Uranus and Neptune says scientists - August 21, 2017
- Woman stuck in swimming pool rescued by Facebook group - August 19, 2017
- Time Traveler: a record-breaking roller coaster to open in Missouri in 2018 - August 18, 2017
- Audrey Hepburn survives starvation in World War II eating tulip bulbs - August 17, 2017
- Diamond engagement ring lost for 13 years found on a garden carrot - August 17, 2017
- Motorcycle enthusiast produces gin using vintage Harley-Davidson parts - August 16, 2017