President Donald Trump boasted that his administration is running like a fine-tuned machine despite inheriting a mess, during his first solo press conference on Thursday.
The President conducted the press conference to update Americans about the progress of his administration over the past four weeks since his inauguration.
“To be honest, I inherited a mess. A mess at home and abroad, Jobs are pouring out of the country. You see what’s going on with all of the companies leaving our country, going to Mexico and other places. Low pay, low wages.” He added that there is a “mass instability overseas” and promised to take care all of the problems.
Pres. Trump proudly stated his administration made “incredible progress” in a short period. He noted that the stock market reached record numbers, the optimism in the business world is surging, and factories are starting to move back into the United States. He added that his approval rating is 55% and going up based on the latest Rasmussen poll.
Trump is confident that Americans will be happy
The President said he is keeping his promise to the American people including rebuilding the U.S. military to be strong, ending the job-killing trade deals such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), eliminating regulations that undermine manufacturing, and implementing the most substantial border security measures. Pres. Trump said his administration is now in the process of beginning to build the promised wall on the southern border of the United States.
Pres. Trump said, “The wall is going to be a great wall. It’s going to be a wall negotiated by me. The price is going to come down just like on everything else I’ve negotiated for the government. We’re going to have a wall that works.”
Furthermore, the President said his administration started removing criminal aliens nationwide and implemented decisive actions to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States. He criticized the court for blocking some parts of the Muslim travel ban as “incorrect and unsafe ruling.”
“I will not back down from defending our country. I got elected on defending our country. I keep my campaign promises, and our citizens will be very happy when they see the result, they already are. I can tell you that,” said Pres. Trump.
Trump on job creation
He noted that since his election, American companies are starting to create more jobs in the country. Ford abandoned its plan to build a new factory in Mexico and decided to invest $700 million in Michigan. Fiat Chrysler would invest $1 billion in Ohio and Michigan. General Motors also made a commitment to invest billions of dollars in its manufacturing operations in the U.S. Intel and Wal-Mart also announced that each would create at least 10,000 American jobs.
Pres. Trump emphasized that those investments would create thousands of jobs. He said, “If I didn’t get elected, believe mw, they would have left. These jobs, these things that I’m announcing would never have come here.”
- Samsung launches Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to beat Apple - March 29, 2017
- Brexit process begins as UK sends formal notice to leave EU - March 29, 2017
- FDA approves Dupixent for moderate to severe eczema - March 28, 2017
- Cyclone Debbie: Australian PM Turnbull activates disaster response plan - March 28, 2017
- Trump approval rating declines after failure to repeal Obamacare - March 27, 2017
- Facebook Live Location feature now available in Messenger - March 27, 2017
- Uber resumes self-driving car testing in San Francisco after crash in Arizona - March 27, 2017
- House Republicans pull American Health Care Act - March 24, 2017
- Apple: Latest Wikileaks CIA docs detailing iPhone, Mac vulnerabilities were fixed years ago - March 24, 2017
- House delays vote on GOP health care bill to repeal Obamacare - March 23, 2017