The recent leak on Twitter regarding pricing suggests it will be one of the most expensive smartphones on the market when it arrives, but still significantly cheaper than iPhone 8.
The information comes from Evan Blass, a mobile reporter from VentureBeat who claims the base S8 model will cost 799 euros, while the larger S8+ model will cost €100 more, a solid €899.
S8 – 799€
S8+ – 899€
DeX – 150€
GearVR – 129€
Gear360 – 229€ https://t.co/vVm6DRMkX5
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) March 19, 2017
The speculations are in line with previous reports suggesting similar pricing. That puts Samsung S8 well below the speculated price of iPhone 8. Unconfirmed reports claim that the latest iPhone, often referred as the iPhone X due to it coming out of the 10th anniversary of the first model, will cost more than $1.000. The expensive price tag is said to be a result of the new phone’s new features and design.
Blass also added in a separate post that both Galaxy S8 and S8+ will sport “black sky”, “orchid gray” and “arctic silver” color schemes. The majority of details were known for quite some time with the price being the only real mystery surrounding Samsung’s latest flagship model. The smartphones will be presented next week on March 29th and start shipping in late April.
The Galaxy S8’s screen size will be 5.8-inch, 2,960 x 1,440 display, while the S8+ will have up to 6.2-inches display. The leaked images show the home button has been excluded in favor of a more compact look. The phones will be powered with Bixby, a digital assistant that should act as a competition to Google Assistant, Siri and Alexa. Among the usual abilities, Bixby will be capable of recognizing text and real-world objects through the Galaxy S8’s camera. It will have a dedicated button, allowing users to launch it at any time.
The smartphones are said to be capable of posing as Android-running PCs through a dock called Dex, which should cost €150, according to Blass.
- Uber releases diversity report, is 64 percent male - March 29, 2017
- Darlene Cates – the story of Gilbert Grape’s mom - March 29, 2017
- Nicole Kidman says Keith Urban was ‘devastated’ by her bruises from “Big Little Lies” - March 29, 2017
- Researchers predict Zika hot spots in the US - March 28, 2017
- Uber pulls out of Denmark - March 28, 2017
- Amazon postpones the launch of cashierless stores - March 28, 2017
- Samsung to recycle all of the returned Galaxy Note 7 smartphones - March 27, 2017
- Analysts predict Google will lose $750 million over the YouTube advertiser boycott - March 27, 2017
- Video games can help with depression treatment - March 27, 2017
- Major breakthrough could power mass production of blood - March 24, 2017