A police department in South Carolina issued a public safety warning to residents after an alleged Bigfoot sighting in a nearby county.
The Greenville Police Department posted this on its Facebook page:
“If you see Bigfoot, please do not shoot at him/her, as you’ll most likely be wounding a fun-loving and well-intentioned person, sweating in a gorilla costume.”
The tongue-in-cheek plea is a result of an alleged Bigfoot encounter that happened in McDowell County last weekend. The police department linked to a story on CharlotteObserver.com about the alleged Bigfoot encounter, accompanied by a video of a 2015 Bigfoot “sighting” in another part of western North Carolina.
The video shows a man trying to keep his dog away from an alleged Bigfoot running through the high grass in broad daylight. However, the evidence was not conclusive, according to the Greenville PD.
“After watching this video…I think we can say with some confidence that proof of Bigfoot still eludes us,” the police department wrote in their Facebook post.
The alleged sighting in McDowell County involved the Marion-based group Bigfoot 911, which investigates reports of Bigfoot appearances. John Bruner of Bigfoot 911 reported the incident on the Bigfoot 911 Facebook page after spotting the beast and making eye contact.
“I was able to see details of the creature … like the face, and the hair was matted and stringy. The eyes were farther apart than human eyes,” Bruner said in his Facebook post. The Bigfoot 911 group has about 50 member and claims to have extensive proof that Bigfoot exists, though no picture or video of this last sighting was posted.
Interestingly, the latest sighting has not been listed on the website bfro.net, which claims to be “the only scientific research organization exploring the Bigfoot/Sasquatch mystery.”
- Navy destroyer USS John S. McCain collides with oil tanker, 10 sailors missing - August 21, 2017
- German man swims to work to avoid traffic congestion - August 10, 2017
- Saudi Arabia jails singer for dabbing during concert - August 9, 2017
- South Carolina police issues a plea to residents not to shoot Bigfoot - August 9, 2017
- Man disguises himself as car seat, pretends to be ‘self-driving car’ - August 8, 2017
- Irish MP blames fairy curse for problems with road - August 8, 2017
- Chinese restaurant gives discounts based on bra size - August 8, 2017
- Airport offers service for transporting maids to employers’ doors - August 7, 2017
- Airbnb refuses to provide accommodation for Nazis - August 7, 2017
- Prince of Denmark refuses to be buried by his wife due to title row - August 4, 2017