The title of the new Star Wars movie has been a part of many speculations but now “The Last Jedi” director, Rian Johnson, explained whether the Jedi in the title was plural or singular.
In an interview on the “Good Morning America” show, Johnson discussed the much-debated questions among Star Wars fans since the name of the movie was first announced – is the “Jedi” in the title referring to a single Jedi or more and if it’s a single person, who is the “last Jedi”?
“It’s so funny when people started asking that when the title was announced because I had never even pondered that question,” Johnson said. “That seems like, to me, the most, like, uninteresting, I guess. In my mind, it’s singular.”
When asked if that would make Luke Skywalker the “last Jedi”, Johnson got a little bit vague.
“Well, if you say so,” he answered. “I’m gonna take your word for it. They say in The Force Awakens that he’s going to find the last Jedi temple, and Luke is the last Jedi.”
That’s as much explanation as the fans are going to get until December 15, 2017, when the next installment of the sci-fi saga is scheduled for a release. Until then, we’ll just have to wait and see.
The sequel to “The Force Awakens” stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis in returning roles. New cast members include Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran in unconfirmed roles. Fisher died in December 2016, making “The Last Jedi” her final actual film role, although she will also appear in “Star Wars: Episode IX” without CGI help.
- Chinese school makes iPads obligatory - July 21, 2017
- Justin Bieber barred from Chinese concert venues because of his behavior - July 21, 2017
- Swedish people want their train to be called ‘Trainy McTrainface’ - July 20, 2017
- Netherlands police aim to solve crimes by handing out cold-case calendars to prisoners - July 20, 2017
- Malaysian government bans ‘Despacito’ on state radio and television channels - July 20, 2017
- New Zealand gangs organize ‘fight club’ to reduce tensions between rivals - July 19, 2017
- Self-defense flamethrowers now for sale in China - July 19, 2017
- US general warns of dangers of uncontrollable killer robots - July 19, 2017
- Flood water enters bank’s vault, destroys all the money - July 18, 2017
- Fake street cleaners plague Saudi streets - July 18, 2017