According to sources close to Recode, the company is extending the probe regarding sexual harassment claims in its ranks, expecting a report by the end of May.
Two months ago, Susan Fowler, a female former engineer at Uber, accused managers and human resources officers at the company for supporting the questionable behavior by not punishing her manager after she filed reports about his unwanted sexual advances. Fowler also said her manager threatened her with a poor performance review if she reported him.
Board director Arianna Huffington, in a memo sent to employees on Thursday, said the board subcommittee allowed for additional time to complete the investigation and to “ensure that no stone is left unturned”. In addition, the memo states that the internal report is expected to be done by the end of May.
Uber hired former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Tammy Albarran, partners at the law firm Covington & Burling, to conduct a review of the claims and perform general questions about diversity and inclusion. Recode states that Holder hasn’t yet interviewed several key figures in the investigation, including top human resources executives which he plans to do in the coming weeks.
Apparently, some insiders feel the review will not yield results, but that might change seeing as Uber has come under more pressure after the sexual harassment scandal at Fox News, where the TV network fired Bill O’Reilly, its top rated news and talk show host.
- Study shows fitness trackers are way off at measuring burned calories - May 26, 2017
- Couple who was trying to conceive for 17 years welcomes sextuplets - May 26, 2017
- French school to use AI to check if students are paying attention - May 26, 2017
- Russian disinformation campaign targets 39 countries - May 25, 2017
- Lyft introduces a luxury service in five US cities - May 25, 2017
- Google’s Go-playing AI defeats world champion - May 25, 2017
- FEC official demands inquiry into ‘foreign money’ spent on Facebook election ads - May 24, 2017
- Your PC can be hacked through subtitle files - May 24, 2017
- Wacken Open Air to have a beer pipeline - May 24, 2017
- Facebook defends its content policy after recent guidelines leak - May 23, 2017