According to sources close to Recode, the company is extending the probe regarding sexual harassment claims in its ranks, expecting a report by the end of May.
Two months ago, Susan Fowler, a female former engineer at Uber, accused managers and human resources officers at the company for supporting the questionable behavior by not punishing her manager after she filed reports about his unwanted sexual advances. Fowler also said her manager threatened her with a poor performance review if she reported him.
Board director Arianna Huffington, in a memo sent to employees on Thursday, said the board subcommittee allowed for additional time to complete the investigation and to “ensure that no stone is left unturned”. In addition, the memo states that the internal report is expected to be done by the end of May.
Uber hired former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Tammy Albarran, partners at the law firm Covington & Burling, to conduct a review of the claims and perform general questions about diversity and inclusion. Recode states that Holder hasn’t yet interviewed several key figures in the investigation, including top human resources executives which he plans to do in the coming weeks.
Apparently, some insiders feel the review will not yield results, but that might change seeing as Uber has come under more pressure after the sexual harassment scandal at Fox News, where the TV network fired Bill O’Reilly, its top rated news and talk show host.
- Swedish people want their train to be called ‘Trainy McTrainface’ - July 20, 2017
- Netherlands police aim to solve crimes by handing out cold-case calendars to prisoners - July 20, 2017
- Malaysian government bans ‘Despacito’ on state radio and television channels - July 20, 2017
- New Zealand gangs organize ‘fight club’ to reduce tensions between rivals - July 19, 2017
- Self-defense flamethrowers now for sale in China - July 19, 2017
- US general warns of dangers of uncontrollable killer robots - July 19, 2017
- Flood water enters bank’s vault, destroys all the money - July 18, 2017
- Fake street cleaners plague Saudi streets - July 18, 2017
- Russia is fine with Chechnya leader’s call for gay purge - July 18, 2017
- Flight evacuated after passenger “passes gas” - July 17, 2017