The live streaming service is available in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Philadelphia for $35 per month with additional optional packages.
The monthly YouTube TV service covers live streams from four major broadcast networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox) along with a number of other networks like ESPN, FX, the CW and many others. In total, YouTube TV is launching with 39 stations, with ten more, including AMC, IFC, and BBC America, will arrive soon.
Here is the full list of available base channels:
- Fox Sports
- Free Form
- ESPN News
- Disney Junior
- Disney X
- CBS Sports
- Fox News
- National Geographic
- Nat Geo Wild
- YouTube Red
- Fox Business
- Universal HD
Optional add-on networks include Showtime ($15 per month) and FOX Soccer Plus ($15 per month). Users are welcome to sign up for a free one-month trial of YouTube TV at the new website, with the option to cancel at any time. However, for a limited time, the first payment for YouTube TV provides a complimentary Google Chromecast.
At launch, users will be able to use either the new YouTube TV app (for iOS or Android) or the web-based interface to access the new service. For streaming directly to a TV set, you will need a Chromecast. There are no apps for the Apple TV or other set-top boxes or consoles as of this moment, but Google says they soon become available.
The service was previously announced back in February this year, only to be launched in markets where it can offer full, live local broadcast feeds like the currently supporting five cities. We will just have to wait and see how Google’s live TV offering performs and whether it’s a worthy substitute for a cable company.
- Chinese school makes iPads obligatory - July 21, 2017
- Justin Bieber barred from Chinese concert venues because of his behavior - July 21, 2017
- Swedish people want their train to be called ‘Trainy McTrainface’ - July 20, 2017
- Netherlands police aim to solve crimes by handing out cold-case calendars to prisoners - July 20, 2017
- Malaysian government bans ‘Despacito’ on state radio and television channels - July 20, 2017
- New Zealand gangs organize ‘fight club’ to reduce tensions between rivals - July 19, 2017
- Self-defense flamethrowers now for sale in China - July 19, 2017
- US general warns of dangers of uncontrollable killer robots - July 19, 2017
- Flood water enters bank’s vault, destroys all the money - July 18, 2017
- Fake street cleaners plague Saudi streets - July 18, 2017